- images/ICELAND/hellicopter-tour-in-iceland.jpeg, Helicopter tour in Iceland, Volcano helicopter tour in Iceland, Iceland
HELICOPTER TOURS IN ICELAND
Do you want to see Iceland from a whole different point of view? Are you wondering if it's worth it to see Iceland from the skies above and what are the best routes to enjoy these views? Check out these helicopter tours and you will be able to catch some of the most beautiful images in the world. Mountain summits, craters, geothermal areas, volcanoes, glaciers or waterfalls are just a minute's flight from Reykjavík or other locations. Keep reading and get ready for a dream flight over Iceland, an experience you will never forget.
- What can I see in a helicopter tour in Iceland?
- Have you heard that Iceland is known as the land of ice and fire? Well, there is no better way to appreciate it than taking part in a helicopter tour in Iceland. From above, you will be able to appreciate the glaciers to their full magnitude and glory, feel the force of the volcanoes in your own flesh and enjoy dreamlike views. You can land on a glacier or a volcano in just a few minutes from Reykjavík and make a unique memory that will last forever. There are different options for helicopter tours in Iceland, flights lasting from 20 minutes to 2 hours will allow you to see the capital city of Reykjavík from above, land on the best glaciers in Iceland, discover the best views from different waterfalls, national parks, geothermal areas and much more. Taking an helicopter tour is the easiest way to access the interior of Iceland and discover the most remote places.
- Are there any landings during the helicopter tours in Iceland?
- Yes, check the details of every helicopter tour in Iceland because some of them include amazing landings on glaciers, volcanoes or mountain summits to make the experience even better. This way, you will not only enjoy the views of Iceland from above and the amazing adventure of being on a helicopter but you will also plant your feet on solid ground and walk on unique landscapes. Do you only have a few days in Iceland? Well, in that case there is no better way to save time as you can land on a glacier or a volcano after a great helicopter flight and see all at once.
- What are the best helicopter tours in Iceland and what places can I see?
- All helicopter tours in Iceland are ideal for your first helicopter experience. Look at all the options and choose according to the time you have, your tastes and your budget. Some of the places in Iceland you can see during the flight are Reykjavík, Thingvellir National Park, Glymur waterfall, Langjökull glacier, Hengill geothermal area, Kristnitökuhraun lava fields and craters and much more. All these places can be seen with the helicopter tours that depart from Reykjavík but you can also book helicopter and other flightseeing tours that depart from Skaftafell terminal (located in Southwest Iceland) and discover the most remote places of the largest glacier in Europe, Vatnajökull.
- The quickest and cheapest option is the flight over Reykjavík. Not only will you have the opportunity to see the capital of Iceland from the air, but you will also land on a nearby mountain. If this is not enough, choose one of the longer tours in which you can have a different view of the glaciers or volcanoes. With the "Helicopter glacier tour" you will enjoy a flight to the second largest glacier in Iceland, the impressive Langjökull, where you will land and feel and breath the fresh polar air as the glacier is covered in snow all year round. But Iceland is a land of contrasts, so if you prefer, you can opt for the "Volcanic Iceland" flight in which you will enjoy one of the most impressive geothermal areas of the island to discover the most volcanic side of Iceland. And if you are one of those who cannot decide, you can choose the most complete flight, "Iceland's volcano and glacier by helicopter", including two landings, one on a glacier and one on a geothermal area of an ancient volcano. What else do you need? Choose the route that you like the most and get ready for a dream flight.
- Are there any other tours I can do to see Iceland from above?
Yes, if you feel like the helicopter tours are not for you or you are looking for another flightseeing experience, there are also panoramic flights over Iceland by plane. These airplane tours depart from Skaftafell terminal, in Southwest Iceland or Akureyri, in North Iceland. You can check all the details on our website and enjoy the views over amazing places such as Vatnajökull glacier, the Diamond Circle, Grímsey island, Landmannalaugar or Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, among others. Any option is great as long as you see Iceland from the blue skies above and enjoy the stunning views.
From where do the helicopter tours in Iceland depart?
The helicopter tours in Reykjavík depart from the Reykjavík domestic airport, located about 2 kilometres from the city centre
Þorragata 10, 101
It is possible to get there on foot, by public transport or taxi.
If you are travelling on your own by rental car around Iceland, you may consider taking one of the helicopter or airplane tours that depart from Skaftafell terminal at the Skaftafell National Park, near Vatnajökull, the largest glacier in Europe. The address is:
It is also possible to book flightseeing tours from Akureyri airport, in North Iceland. located at
What is included in a helicopter tour in Iceland and what should I bring?
Well, one of the best things of a helicopter tour is that you don't really need anything to join. No experience is necessary and there is no minimum age requirements. But, as we always say, please come prepared with warm clothing, suitable for cold weather. This includes waterproof jackets, pants, hiking boots, hats, gloves, scarves, sunglasses and of course, a camera.
Are the helicopter tours in Iceland guided?
All flights are guided in English by the helicopter pilot. All the drivers are friendly, outgoing and will share their admiration for Iceland with you. They have extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of the island's mountainous terrain, as well as the necessary respect for the Icelandic climate.
When should I take a helicopter tour in Iceland?
You can take part in a helicopter tour in Iceland throughout the entire year. If the weather conditions are not suitable for a flight, we will try to change the time or the date of the flight. In case it is not possible to do either, of course you are entitled to a refund. Just remember, the more hours of daylight, the more time you have to go on a helicopter tour in Iceland but any time of the year you will have good chances of discovering Iceland from the skies, an experience that you will always remember!
Important note: PASSENGER WEIGHT: Helicopter tour do have weight restrictions. The weight limit per passenger is 120 kg / 265 lbs. If the client does not fulfill this weight limit, extra charge will be requested, which is the price corresponding to 1.5 seats. These rules do ensure that all clients have comfortable and safe experience during the helicopter sightseeing tour. ID 843.